Jason Balette, M.D., F.A.C.S.
A native Texan, Dr. Balette grew up in The Woodlands. After graduating from Baylor University with a Bachelor of Science degree, he attended medical school at the University of Texas – Houston. Dr. Balette completed his general surgery residency at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. He joined SGOTW in August of 2006 and became board certified by the American Board of Surgery in 2007.
Dr. Balette’s interests are in general and advanced laparoscopic surgery. Specific areas of interest include bariatric surgeries, abdominal and intestinal procedures, hernia repairs, and gall bladder surgeries. In addition, he has received extensive training in advanced laparoscopic procedures including, colectomy, splenectomy, adrenalectomy, nissen fundoplication, and bariatric surgery. Dr. Balette has recently authored and presented research evaluating gallstone formation in the bariatric patient.
Dr. Balette enjoys golfing, fishing and hunting. He is married with two daughters.
A complete list of Dr. Balette’s memberships:
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- Society of Baylor Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors 2015-2018
- Texas Monthly Rising Star 2012-2014